Our Vision and Mission
Based on our understanding of God, as expressed in Our Philosophy of Ministry and Mission, our vision is nothing more and nothing less than:
The whole of creation reconciled and renewed
(As expressed in the UCA Basis of Union, paragraph 3)
We believe that the Church’s call is to serve that end:
- to be a fellowship of reconciliation,
- a body within which the diverse gifts of its members are used for the building up of the whole
- an instrument through which Christ may work and bear witness to himself.
We will work towards the fulfillment of our Vision by:
- Equipping our members to be the Church in action in their homes, schools, places of work and local neighbourhoods;
- Inspiring our members to dream dreams of how God may be calling them to enable others to experience the reality of the vision;
- Finding ways to help the dreams become reality.
As we travel we will:
- Use our understanding of Jesus’ ministry as expressed in our Philosophy of Ministry and mission as the basis of all our descisions.
- Foster a flexible and responsive decision making process.
- Continue to practice the spirititual discipline of discernment so we might be always listening to the voice of God.